Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Appalachia makes 'News of the Weird'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Appalachia makes 'News of the Weird'

    [ QUOTE ]
    A 300-page indictment detailing more than 1,000 allegations of election fraud was returned in February by a grand jury investigating the coal-mining town of Appalachia, Va., following reports of absentee-ballot bribery by two town officials. Prosecutors accused candidates' operatives of offering the locals such goodies as beer, moonshine and cigarettes and, in one case, a supply of pork rinds. [Roanoke Times, 3-3-06]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/index.html
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia makes 'News of the Weird'

    Saw that too. I often check out the News Of The Weird website on Sunday night but I didn't this week. Saw it in the paper about an hour ago.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_V_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2004
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia makes 'News of the Weird'

    haha.. this is the truth.> Jay Leno had it on his show the other night..
    [image]http://www.21cent.net/vick/vickflip2000.gif[/image]

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia makes 'News of the Weird'

    Busted-glad I don't live in town, wish whoever is running the thing would get on with it. I've seen days when I was a lot more upset at not being paid by the guy I was mining for....I understand how serious the crimes are [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but why risk your butt for....Appy? I could understand buying votes at Vegas....but here? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]guess that is why I'm a coal miner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •